Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cantabria and Basque country - Introduction

Haven't had time to update this blog with my latest trip in north Spain in March. Life has been busy lately, during the weekdays and weekends :-). Basically I lost my fight with my addiction (yeah traveling addict that's it). I should have been in a traveling fasting period but I could not stand for cheap flight deals, so somehow someday (in Feb I think) I found a cheap flight (2 cents for return trips) to Santander in northern Spain. I haven't been to the north of Spain before and to be honest I haven't heard about Santander before I knew those cheap flight deals, all I knew about north of Spain was Santiago des Campostela and Bilbao. I was interested when I found more information about the city and decided to book the flight...it was only 2 cents anyway that's after tax though I had to pay 10 EUR for my credit card charge....but still...it's a cheap deal (besides I did not know that charge until I saw the confirmation email :-P..and I could not imagine 2 cents charge on my credit card hehe).

Okay I booked those flights but I haven't decided to go at that time, sounds weird indeed but it happened :-P. I still had 2 days from my annual leave last year that I had to finish before the end of March so four day holiday (plus weekend) was a good option. But I was not sure to spend some money for my holiday (outside the 10.02 EUR that I have paid for my flight tickets) as I said I should have been in my traveling fasting period :-P.

My flight was on Saturday evening, March 7 and I finally decided to go when I woke up on that Saturday :-P I felt like I had to go to Spain that day...lol... so I just packed my stuff after that...and I did not really care about my battle with my traveling addiction (besides I have some friends who supported me with my 'go for holiday' decision :-P thanks guys!!).

No comments: