Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some weekend getaways..

No big traveling plan until now.. quite unusual to me, especially because (so far) I plan to stay in Duesseldorf during Easter holiday. Normally I always have a traveling plan during Easter...we have a long weekend here from Friday to Monday, with another four days off, we can get 10 days holiday. Last year I had my Scotland trip with Yuko, the year before...I think it was South France trip with the Eindhoven guys..

It is quite hard (seriously) to avoid the temptation to book the flight ticket (or train ticket..:-P), but so far I am still strong enough. The reason is that I don't have much traveling budget for now..still have to"fill up" my apartment and I plan to travel to Italy with my parents who will visit me in May, so that's my only traveling plan for the first half of this year.

But talking about not having traveling plan, it does not mean that I did not travel at all actually..... On my first weekend in Germany after returning from Indonesia, Ole asked me to join him for skiing in Winterberg, my first skiing experience.


Mid of Jan, I had Kick off meeting in Noordwijk, the Netherlands from Thursday-Saturday. I continued the NL trip to Eindhoven having alumni meeting and dinner with some friends there. Stayed in Houten at Anna's. Then visiting Ichsan-Chika in Den Haag...hehehe, touring NL indeed. I fell in love with DH because the shops there open on Sundays (also because they have a lot of Indonesian restaurants) :-P....



Last weekend, Nanda invited me for her housewarming party since she just moved to Sassenheim, 15 mins by bus from Leiden. So another Netherlands trip. Meeting some Eindhoven guys there...having a fun Indonesian gathering (thanks Nanda)...missed that so much :-) I stayed at Nanda and Ari's house and the next day leaving for DH for grocery shopping and visiting Ichsan-Chika again (though we just met the day before hehe).
I met also Dina-Ricky, Fai, Aryo, Dina's friend...and they asked me to join them to Java House. I could not resist the temptation, though initially I planned to take the train at 3pm to return to Duess via Venlo. I left them (still) in Java House around 5pm, but I was not lucky that time. There was an electricity problem somewhere around Rotterdam, so I had to take train to Utrecht, Utrecht-Eindhoven, Eindhoven-Venlo, Venlo-Monchengladbach, Monchengladbach-Duess.....a long way to Duess :-( I arrived home several mins before midnight....completely tired but had a fun weekend :-)

No comments: